HYPE’s recruit programme helps young adults 16-24 looking for job or seeking a change in career who want to make a difference to the local community. Our most recent programme in March 2018 provided the opportunity to gain a variety of new transferable skills in youth work, sports coaching, gardening and bike mechanics.
The results were outstanding:
- 100% of the group gained volunteer experience
- 60% of the students on the course went onto paid employment
- 90% of the group gained job specific recognised certificates
- Cape Town Event engaged 24 volunteers from across the UK and South Africa with 36 children participating in Green Point Park.
- Litter project running from Rock Ferry and Birkenhead Youth Clubs looking at the sources of litter in and around our communities and what we can do to make people aware not to drop litter.
- Our Bike Mechanic, Ed, gained his Mountain Bike Leader qualification Level 2. To celebrate his award he took a group of young people from Everton, Breckfield Road Community Centre to Delamere Forest on a trail run with UK Cycling.
Benefiting young people living in Wirral
If you join the programme, you will be supported by HYPE staff and specialist tutors throughout. You will be working across HYPE’s community venues, doing rewarding work that will benefit young people living in Wirral.
- Confidence building and presentation skills
- Career advice and goal planning
- Interview technique
- First Aid Training
- Real PRACTICAL work experience
- Taking part in community social action projects
- DBS checks covered
- Potential for further formal qualifications offered by HYPE
How do I get involved
If you feel this is something you can benefit from, don’t hesitate, get in touch today! Please express your interest by filling in the form below.