HYPE’s ‘Common Ground’- A new initiative for 2018
Do you have a garden space that needs a revamp? Do you jump at the chance of supporting young people in work and training? Does your business actively support your local community?
After a successful Summer of green-space redevelopment, HYPE want to expand our garden maintenance services to local businesses. We recognise a need within the local community for affordable gardening services for homes and businesses. All corporations and businesses have a legal requirement to fulfil an element of ‘Corporate Social Responsibility’ (CSR), meaning they should actively look to support their local community through charitable giving or offering work placements to local people.
We hope that through our ‘Common Ground’ programme will address CSR whilst providing essential services at an affordable price. Our ‘Common Ground’ programme will be delivered by HYPE’s ‘Gardens Co ordinator,’ and aims to develop long-standing relationships with local clients, that will then go on to generate work placement and training opportunities for the young people HYPE work with.
Grounds maintenance services we can currently offer your home or business:
- Lawn maintenance
- Pathway clearing/ weeding
- Pruning shrubs and trees
- Basic landscaping e.g. putting in woodchip pathways etc.
- Maintaining flower beds and raised planters
- Refreshing plants throughout the seasons
- Weatherproofing wooden fences and planters (quotes on request)
- Constructing planters and raised beds (quotes on request)
Dependant on the size and requirements of your green-space area, you will need to contact HYPE for a quote. For a small private garden requiring simple lawn maintenance and pruning, prices start from £20 a month.
HYPE have a new employability programme for NEET young people beginning in January 2018, which will offer practical work experience in bike mechanics, youth work and garden maintenance. HYPE aims to deliver an educational course to re-engage local young people with work. We hope to:
- Re-engage a group of NEET young people with employment and training
- Motivate young people to strive to be the best they can be
- Provide practical work experience and training supporting charitable projects within a diverse social enterprise
- Deliver a fun and rewarding programme that allows participants to make a real difference in their communities
- Encourage respect for the communities we live in and work together to achieve a positive social impact
By establishing the ‘Common Ground’ project over the next few weeks, HYPE will ensure there is a solid foundation to develop work placements for the individuals taking our employability programme.
‘Common Ground’ services will be available for privately owned households, land managed by housing associations, and even business-owned grounds. If you are interested in learning more about the ‘Common Ground’ project, or would like to consider HYPE as your go-to garden maintenance service, please get in touch!